Important Information - The Choctaw Detachment

The Choctaw Detachment
Marine Corps League
Go to content

Important Information

Funeral Honors

Link to Department of Veterans Affairs - Funeral Directors Resources
This is the website Funeral Directors go to to find out about such things as Eligibility for burial at a National Cemetery, etc.

Link to Funeral Honors
This is the website that discribes the Funeral Honor services a veteran can expect

Request Military Funeral Honors
Military Funeral Honors Section
3280 Russell Road
Quantico, VA 22134-5102
Comm: (703) 432-9524
Toll Free: (866) 826-3628

The Headquarters Marine Corps, Funeral Honors Section assists the family of deceased Marines in arranging military funeral honors for their loved one. The service member must have served in, or with, the Marine Corps and have been discharged under honorable conditions. Funeral directors making requests for military honors must notify the Casualty Branch by telephone with the Marines complete name; social security number; rank; status, i.e. retired or former Marine; date of birth; date of death; and place of death (city and state). If a funeral director is unable to obtain a copy of the Marines Certificate of Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214) or verification of service from the family member, they may request the form online
from the National Personnel Records Center.  There is also a private service that provides expedited DD-214s for a fee.

Replacement Medals
Requests for the issuance or replacement of Marine Corps service medals, decorations, and awards are handled by a United States Navy liaison at the National Personnel Records Center.  Contact information is as follows:
Navy Personnel Command
Liaison Office Room 5409
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100

Back to content
wordpress visitor counter